So here’s a sort of behind the scenes step by step process of how I made the shirt design. It’s a mess.
1. Presented them with two options, one was the scene where Jamie and Gibson were smoking in the bathroom. One of my more favorite scenes. Wanted Jamie’s face to be obscured by smoke so that it works on a certain level of you do not see him there. #visual metaphors
2. Second Option was the two twins when they were little kids before one of the more climactic scenes in the film that sort of sets into motion a lot of things. Brutal for the feels sort of work. Wanted it to be a bit dream like. They went with this option.
3. Started sketching out the scene. Rough line work since I wasn’t sure how the colors would work.
4. Some tests. Saw how the whole thing can work near the top part where the colors sort of just mix together rather than have lines of grass everywhere.
5. Made the rough inks into the pencils, flat grey so I can see better.
6. Started inking, made sure all the important figures were inked first then added colors here and there.
7. Fooled around with the colors a bit so I could have options. The Red Purple one was probably my favorite. This green one was the ‘out there’ option, that sort of gave that dread.
8. This was more subtle hues that I hoped to insinuate how dreamlike the scene was when watching it.
9. I liked this color scheme the most because well certain color theories and unf that Orange.
10. Finished Shirt design. Huzzah!
That’s the process, I guess. Hello.